Help us make the world better with social companion robots through the role of Director/VP of Business Development
Intuition Robotics™ is a VC backed startup, developing AI and voice driven social companion technology to positively impact the lives of older adults by keeping them connected and engaged.
We are looking for a VP or Director of Business Development (depending on background). The ideal candidate will have experience work closely with our CEO on all aspects of exploring, building and executing on an ecosystem-system strategy and launching the company’s commercial activities. Including: channel strategy and development, strategic partnerships strategy and execution (with some of the biggest companies out there), partnerships with technology companies, and much more. You should be comfortable interacting with all levels, including C-levels at partners, our management team, engineering, product, finance, and marketing leaders.
We are seeking a self-starter who is highly collaborative and has experience working in a BD role in a product-led organization with understanding and exposure to AI, social robotics, ML, aging eco-system, voice assistants or other related technologies. Above all, we are looking for someone who has a proven ability to wear different hats, hack away with little direction to get things done, has passion for the aging filed, and think outside the box. Basically - an entrepreneur that can help shape our SF office and go-to-market organization.
- Partner strategy, cultivation, and prioritization presenting to high level execs and build working relations with mid management, business model planning, negotiation, and creation, driving deals to closure and manage relationships once deals are in place.
- Develop a business development plan and strategy and lead cross-functional execution against defined business milestones and metrics.
- Proactively map and assess key players within targeted segments of the ecosystem, and execute a strategy to continually engage with leaders in these segments.
- While we ramp up - lead channel development in the aging and retail sectors.
- Stay on top of competitive trends and developments within the industry, across key segments of the ecosystem.
- Extend into account management and implementation as needed, for very large strategic partnerships.
- Manage cross-functional resource involvement and ensure continued engagement with the team and alignment with goals, specifically Product, Operations, and Engineering leads.
- Be a point of escalation, internally or externally to support partners with support management and any related issues.
- Evangelize and champion your mission, purpose, and needs internally and externally.
- Overall relationship management of our related partners.
- Represent the company’s mission, vision, and values.
Must have / be:
- True entrepreneur - you’ll have to create your own job - don’t expect to be told what needs to be done, explore areas the company isn’t in today, and help us invent new approaches.
- At least 5 years work experience.
- An undergraduate and/or graduate degree from a top-tier university, ideally an MBA.
- Owned revenue and/or BD goals in prior roles, and have a track record of meeting or exceeding these goals.
- A team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals, including world-class thinkers on Product & Engineering side as well as with partners/customers.
- Amazing partner management, business communication, and relationship building skills.
- Strong intellectual curiosity, and an ability to synthesize large amounts of technical information and to quickly become externally credible in a new, complex subject area.
- Strong project management and organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Passion for our mission - a prerequisite.
- Native English skills - a must.
We’d love it if you also have / are:
- Entrepreneurial experience - a plus.
- Executive level position in a startup or tech company - an advantage.
- Failed with your own startup - a plus (won’t hold it against you if you succeeded).
- Exposure to AI, Robotics, ML, aging, digital assistants, NLP, consumer hardware - a strong plus.
- Strong personal network - a plus.
- Management Consulting / VC Experience/strategy role in a tech company - a plus.
- Experience working with global teams, with an Israeli company - a plus.