Help us make the world better with social companion robots through the role of a User Experience Researcher
Intuition Robotics™ is a VC backed startup, developing AI-driven social companion technology to positively impact the lives of older adults by keeping them connected and engaged.
Our product team is looking for a UX researcher to lead an extensive user experience research program in order to support the product, design and marketing teams. In your role, you will assist in understanding our users better, evaluating the usability of our product, improving our product design and feeding in user and market requirements.
As a UX Researcher, you will play a key role in the creation of state of the art experiences and interfaces for Intuition Robotics products. Your responsibilities will include hands on usability testing and other types of research, writing expert evaluations, and translating research findings into actionable insights. In your role you will work closely with designers, product managers, marketing and developers.
This role reports to the VP of Product Management and it is based in San Francisco / Bay area. Ideally starting as a part time role for the first 6 months and then moving to full time. However, full time from the beginning is also an option for the right candidate.
Execute research projects from start to finish, including identifying goals, recruiting, moderating, analyzing, and presenting. Proactively identify and propose research studies. Evaluate and improve design flows and prototypes. Make actionable design recommendations and help drive product and design decisions. Create solution oriented deliverables and reports. Be a trusted partner of project stakeholders (from different teams: research, design, product, & engineering) to define complex challenges and to design research solutions. Communicate clearly and effectively. Proactively identify areas for future research. Identify appropriate research methodologies for the questions at hand, including (but not limited to) usability studies, field studies, surveys, and diary studies.
Must have / be:
- BS or MS in HCI, Statistics, Social Science, Computer Science, Human Factors or related field
- 3+ years of relevant user research experience (ideally within a product development organization)
- Experience with products and experience research for Older Adults related products major advantage
- Experience with Human Robots Interaction (HRI) and/or with Social Robots major advantage
- Team player, amazing communication skills, passion for user experience and UX Research
- Excellent degree of empathy, great moderation skills and ability to read between the lines
- Passion for design and user delight
- Independent, self-driven and ability to organize/prioritize effectively. Experience working with remote teams
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute research projects
- Ability and willingness to execute all functions of research
- Experience conducting research of consumer electronics devices and digital experiences
- Superior English skills for both written and oral communication are mandatory
Bay Area, California